I was looking at some old pictures from last year and came across one of my buddy and me playing horseshoes in the first part of January. Not video game horseshoes, but the real solid metal outdoors kind. The kind that makes your hands dirty and your arm ache after the third round of the Winter National Semi Final Horseshoe Extravaganza... or whatever we called it that day. I am looking forward to the next round of games... when the weather begins to cooperate... probably around July or so with the way it is going. It is a great rivalry and neither of us ever want to give in. First we play best out of three, then the loser says "Best out of five?"... sure, then it's best out of seven... then it is dark and we are throwing the shoes and just listening for the sound of metal on metal... ever score horseshoes with a flashlight?... we have.
Anyhow, the earth is tilting, the sun is out longer and Spring will prevail!
I wanted give you all a quick heads up on a few thing in the paper this week.
• Watertown Winter Farm Show is happening February 11-15 and the schedule for the week is on page 8.
• If you haven't tried the food and the Back Door BBQ located at Food-N-Fuel in Milbank yet, grab the $1.00 off coupon on page 7 of this paper and try it. The sandwiches are awesome.
• Also in Milbank, New Beginnings is offering up to 50% off of their in-stock prom dresses if you are still looking.
• R&R Outdoors in Appleton, MN has some great clearance deals going. If you haven't stop in to see the store, now is the time.
• If you are starting to think about your spring landscaping projects, check out the Boulder Designs ad at the bottom of this page. The ad is in black and white, but if you want the full effect of what they can do jump online and go to their website gallery and see the fantastic color creations they have.... absolutely beautiful.
• The Elks Club in Watertown has a great prime rib and shrimp combo for Valentine's Day if you haven't figured out where to take your sweetheart yet. Details are on the back page.
• I would like to thank our PetBits article sponsor, K-9 Classics of Watertown. Sandi has a great dog obedience training business in Watertown and we are glad she is helping us bring you some information on pets. We all have 'em, we all love 'em... right Boomer?... now my cat is just looking at me like I am crazy... or maybe he just wants more treats... hard to tell.
Anyway, thanks again for reading Tidbits and when you are done with this paper, pass it on to your family, friends and neighbors... see you next week!
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org